This series provides an overview to the purpose and design of the Common Core State Standards, highlighting key shifts in emphasis from previous standards and the resulting changes for classroom instruction. Learn to make the case for the strong role language learning plays in developing the literacy described in the Common Core.
The courses in this module include:
- Understanding the Common Core State Standards: Defining a Role for World Languages
- Implementing Common Core through State Language Initiatives
- Connecting Local Language Programs with Common Core
Run Time: 180 minutes
Professional learning certificate available upon completion for 3 contact hours!
- Paul Sandrock, Director of Education at the American Council on the Teaching of Foriegn Languages (ACTFL)
- Margaret Reed Millar, independent national consultant, leads the Implementing the Common Core Standards (ICCS) collaborative of 28 state teams.
- Helga Fasciano, Section Chief for K-12 Program Areas at the NC Department of Public Instruction.
- Martin Smith, Chair of the College Board World Languages Academic Advisory Committee, Rutgers University.
Discounted member price:
You could save: